hi Doctor I am having knee pain for past 15

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
hi Doctor I am having knee pain for past 15 days. I feel pain especially when I sit on chair or while getting up from chair .
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be arthritis and Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Usually knee pain of this duration could be really signs of Osteoarthritis or added together with Vitamin D deficiency

Do get tested for Blood Vitamin D levels. Do get an Xray of the knee joint in AP and Lateral views.

Avoid knee bending, cross leg sitting, climbing stairs and kneeling as much as possible.

Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day for 5 days before meals.

Eat healthy and keep well hydrated.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu

Follow-up: hi Doctor I am having knee pain for past 15 17 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for reviewing my case. I got my Vit D test done yesterday. I am attaching the report data. Waiting for your suggestions
Follow-up: hi Doctor I am having knee pain for past 15 1 minute later
I had got my VITAMIN D Levels tested. attached is the test report .please advice

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Severe Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thales for attaching the report.

Aashish suspected you have severe deficiency of Vitamin D.

Take Tablet Sunbless 60k once a week for 6 weeks. Take Tablet Shelcal CT twice a day for 2 months. Eat diet rich in nuts, egg whites, green leafy vegetables. Consume cheese and paneer moderately as well. Get 1.5 hours of sunlight exposure between 3:00PM to 4:00PM daily. Use sunscreen as well during this time.

Repeat the Serum Vitamin D test after 2 months to see improvement.

Follow-up: hi Doctor I am having knee pain for past 15 32 minutes later
should I take ibuprofen or if correction of vitamin DEFICIENCY will help me get rid of pain

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take Ibuprofen for 2 days

Detailed Answer:
You can take Brufen for 2 days because the correction of deficiency will take some time to show the effect.