hello doctor my baby is 10 months now. can i

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
hello doctor

my baby is 10 months now. can i give her bhajra flour as a breakfast? i heard it's good for babies. also sooji is it good to be given??

please advise

Ashwathy
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give bajra and sooji...both are good proteins

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... you can give both bajra and sooji. Both have good protein content in them.

Do not give too much of ragi, as it might cause constipation.

Other home-made food options will be -
1. Daal and rice well cooked and made into a porridge along with ghee
2. Boiled apple or banana and mashed into a paste.
3. Any made cereal porridge preparation with additional ghee added.
Remember certain principles like -
1. Add one food material / cereal or fruit per week. This will be useful because if he develops vomiting or diarrhoea, we will know what to avoid.
2. Add vegetables and fruits made into a paste surely to avoid constipation.
3. Do not add too much sugar as it may cause diarrhoea.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: hello doctor my baby is 10 months now. can i 15 hours later
thank you doctor. wat all fruits or vegetable can i add to make it healthy and tastier.? also can this be given daily or once a week?

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Introduce 1 new fruit or vegetable or cereal per week

Detailed Answer:
Hi...

1. introduce 1 new fruit or vegetable or cereal per week. the only logical this is to avoid a particular fruit or vegetable or cereal if the baby develops any diarrhoea or vomiting after that.

2. In fact you can give all vegetables and fruits and all seasonal fruits or the best for that particular season.

3. You can give vegetarian diet any number of times in a day or week. There is no restriction in it.

4. Avoid non vegetarian and eggs till 1 year of age and groundnuts till 2 years of age.

I wish your kid a bright future. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link.

Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it.

In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -

www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696

Regards - Dr. Sumanth

Follow-up: hello doctor my baby is 10 months now. can i 9 hours later
thank you doctor. would it be fine if i mix the bajra flour roasted and mixture of oats and barley and ragi powder and serve my baby?

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can give the diet you have suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hi...You can give - mix the bajra flour roasted and mixture of oats and barley and ragi powder and serve.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth