having itchy bruise on thigh, having numbness and dull pain in leg. Underlying cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Yesterday I woke up with a large bruise on my right thigh and it was very itchy. I do not remember running into anything to cause it. Today I woke up and had about 6 bruises on my right thigh. My right thigh was so ichy. 15 hours later I have around 22 bruises all over my right thigh and they continue to ichy and now I have numbness that comes and goes in my right leg and there is a dull pain in my entire leg. Ang suggestions? I typically do not bruise easy and the bruises are only confined to my right thigh and continue to multiply.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 2 hours later

I have read your query.

It looks from your details that you are having multiple bruises at your thigh with itch. These symptoms generally appear with allergies to a substance. It looks that this reaction occurred due to ingestion of substance or due to bite of an animal. At present you should not wait & should have an anti allergic preparation like steroid or cetrizine for relief.

It may sometimes be because of unknown medical condition. So my suggestion is to XXXXXXX a primary physician as soon as possible.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.