having frequent stomach upsets after having non veg food outside. Taking Norflox. Suggest the treatment and the foods to be avoided?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi Doctor,

I have frequent stomach upsets or loose motions as it is commonly known. These happen mostly when i have non veg food or drink outside. I have been taking Imodium/ Norflox if the condition gets severe. This has been happening very frequently (once in 2 weeks) over the last 3 months.

Can you please suggest what my best course of action should be? Also, what are some of the foods that i should have or avoid, given this condiiton.

Thank you

Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 27 hours later

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of infective and/or ameobic collitis

This happens when you have consumed contaminated food or drink

I would suggest you avoid junk and fermented meals from outisde

Take hygienic food only

Add a probiotic twice a day for two weeks

DO not take norflox inadverently

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern