got injured. Had stitches in lower area. Area feels tender, red and swollen. Should I be concerned?
User rating for this question
My husband had an injury at work on Monday morning, in which he was taken to the ER and had stitches (4) to his lower right XXXXXXX area. For the past 2 days,, there has been an area approximately the size of a lime that is red, tender and pitting to the inside of the trauma area. Today, the area has increased to the size of an orange and spread to the right side of the suture area. He says that it doesn't hurt, but is tender..and is quite red and takes approx. 30min to an hour to return to normal if you press lightly on it. Is this normal or should he return to his physician?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 47 minutes later
People also viewed
- Candemabond stitches in eyebrow cause swollen
- Will duricef treat respiratory tract infection, upper ?
- I am suffering from rabbit fever, can i take doxy 200?
- Swollen red itchy stitches
- Microvasular disease causes
- Postradioiodine hypothyroidism causes
- Red swollen eye after stitches on forehead
- Can thera d rapid repletion cure vitamin d deficiency?
- Sensory ataxia causes
- I injured my forearm should of gotten stitches
- I am suffering from coryza, can i take vicks vaporub?
- Psychogenic impotence causes
- Swollen stitches and cubital tunnel
- Can i take caltrate 600+d for dietary supplementation?
- Family heart disease causes