can tietzes syndrome cause pain in collar bones,chest sternum and skin?
User rating for this question
I have diagnosed tietzes syndrome. I have pain in my collar bones, both area and my chest sternum and pain is more like needles in pinching my skin. Sometomes even my armpit is hurt. I have left collarbone that is little swollen too. Last time doctor tested my collarbones and chest and said that he didnt notice nothing to be worried of. Is this really tietze ? Im 28 year old man, and ive had plenty of stress going on this year and i have made myself a hypochondriac with these symptoms i fear that its cancer or tumor or something serious.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi.Tietze's is self limiting Detailed Answer: Hello.Welcome and thanks for writing us on XXXXXXX I have thoroughly read your query and deeply understand your concern. Tietze is self limiting and completely benign.This can never turn into a tumor or cancer. If your left collar bone is swollen and painful this can be Tietze and this subsides with adequate rest and taking analgesic.If your pain is not subsiding with pain killers consult your doctor so that he can put you on a course of steroids and this gives adequate pain relief. Normally though pain usually subsides within a few weeks, with some residual swelling persists for longer periods of time.The course of the disease varies from spontaneous (disappears by itself) remission to persistent symptoms over years. Hope this answers your query. Get well soon.There is no need to pain.
People also viewed
- White collar syndrome causes
- Burst taste bud symptoms
- Sternum and collar bone pain in spondylosis
- Lumps on collar bone sternum
- How temperature affects health
- Collar bone pain causes
- Feeling light headed no taste buds diarrhea
- Pain below sternum causes
- Taste bud removal for weight loss
- Glandular fever taste buds gone
- How low hb affects a person
- How does laser affect heart
- Swollen taste bud ibuprofen
- How does hydration affect serum hcg levels
- Does tsh level affect hcg level