Yesterday I started getting a mild shooting pain in my

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
Yesterday I started getting a mild shooting pain in my pelvic area just above and including my left testicle. what could that be?
Posted Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in null
Follow-up: Yesterday I started getting a mild shooting pain in my 0 minute later
Follow-up: Yesterday I started getting a mild shooting pain in my 6 minutes later
what is that?

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Combined word as explained

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Epididymo-orchitis means inflammation of the epididymis and testis - both combined together are named as epididymo-orchitis. There can be inflammation of the other structures of the genital system like spermatic cord, vas deference that carries sperms to seminal vesicles including these and prostate causing deep pelvic pain.
Such infections usually occur secondary to urinary tract infection causing retrograde infection of the genital tract.

The other causes of pain in left testicle can be:
Torsion of the testicle.
Varicose veins called varicocele.

Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Send the specimen of urine for: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity before starting any antibiotics.
Tests of blood for CBC, kidney functions and others like sugar and as advised on clinical examination
Urgent ultrasonography of abdomen and scrotum along with color doppler mode, particularly for genito-urinary system.
Per-rectal examination by a General surgeon or Urologist and examination of the scrotum.
Any further tests as may be needed as per your additional history, examination and reports of preliminary reports.
All these will get the exact diagnosis so that a proper management can be done.
Till then give scrotal support.
Take plenty of oral fluids.
Take analgesics like Ibuprofen if it suits you.

Please get all these things done and give me the feedback for me to assist you further.