Yellowish vaginal discharge, rectal bleeding, loose stools, PCOD. Are these related?

Whilst I was getting changed to have a bath I noticed a very thick and yellow discharge also very smelly, I have polcystic ovaries of the right ovary, I have also had rectal bleeding last week I saw my GP who said she didn't think it was anything much to worry about I also had loose bowels, I feel sick and unwell with it The pain is constand every day which is around a 7 10 at the worst. Can all this be related ??
I am very concerned
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
A thick yellowish smelly discharge like yours usually reflects an infection of either bacterial, fungal or parasitic origin. It is impossible to guess what the cause is without the benefit of examining you and performing a microscopic exam of the discharge.

In the absence of being able to do this you could try an over the counter preparation to treat a possible fungal cause. This would be clotrimazole and is used once daily at bedtime for at least 3 days. It is a topical cream actually which is inserted into the vagina.

I suspect however that what is causing this is either bacterial vaginosis or possibly a sexually transmitted disease. For this reason I recommend you see your doctor as soon as possible for an examination and appropriate medical management. This will usually respond quickly with a properly selected antibiotic. Trichomoniasis can cause these symptoms and is always transmitted sexually. Again there is no way to diagnose this is the absence of an exam and sample of the fluid discharge. I hope you understand this aspect.
The pain in the lower abdomen also needs an ultrasound of lower abdomen to diagnose the cause.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Yellowish vaginal discharge, rectal bleeding, loose stools, PCOD. Are these related? 8 hours later
I am positive its not a sexually transmitted disease as I am not nor have been sexually active, I do have Polycystic ovary on the right could this be the reason for majority of pain? I am due a period literally any day now I am late by 3 days could it be something to do with that?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

A delay in period does not cause such a discharge. It is most likely bacterial vaginosis and antibiotics are needed for treatment.

Polycystic ovaries can cause pain and delay in having periods.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Yellowish vaginal discharge, rectal bleeding, loose stools, PCOD. Are these related? 1 hour later
Is there any treatment options I am under care of a Gyne dr here in the United KIngdom but he said there is nothing they can do when I have been told by friends who has this condition is it because its to far adavanced it was 10CM in XXXXXXX this year then it went up to 12cm last week
The vaginal discharge needs prescription antibiotics for treatment which you can get prescribed form your gynecologist.
Only right sided polycystic ovaries do not need any treatment until you have some problem in conceiving. A single cyst is usually a benign cyst and surgical removal is the best treatment.