Yellow vaginal discharge, pain during intercourse. No odor or painful urination. Yeast infection?

Yellow discharge, pain during intercourse, no odor and no pain during urination. Is this a yeast infection? If so what remedies would ou recommend?
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 days later

Although this may be a yeast infection but the fact is that diagnosis should not be made just on the basis of color of vaginal discharge.

Such yellow discharge can also occur in bacterial vaginitis, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea etc.
I would urge you to consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated by getting a vaginal swab test. This would help you to get the infection detected in the earlier stage.

Once the cause is known, a proper and effective treatment can be instituted to you. Anti-fungals are available for fungal infections.

I hope it helps. You may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck