Ask a Dentist   »  

Yellow teeth. Non smoker. How to get rid of this?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I have yellow teesth . I dont have coffee and hardly have tea. which is like once in a week. I dont smoke either. HOw do i get rid of it ? which toothpaste is good? Also, anything which i can try at home to make it a shade whiter?

Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dear Taruna,

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for the query. First get your teeth cleaned professionally by dentist. After cleaning if you still feel you need more whiter teeth then you have two options either go for bleaching of teeth or trying tooth whitening toothpastes. If you want to try at home then you will have use toothpaste like Colgate advanced tooth whitening paste or Hi-Ora Shine. Better results will be with bleaching of teeth. there are two types in bleaching one is in-office where certain chemical is used and it is activated by light. Another one is dentist will give custom made trays and you will put the tooth whitening agent and wear it as per the instructions by dentist for 3-5 days for specific hours daily. You may develop sensitivity after bleaching which will usually subside when you use sensitivity tooth paste.
Hope this clarifies you. If you have any further query I am happy to answer.

with happy regards,