Yellow sticky stuff coming out of my anus

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Yellow sticky stuff coming out of my anus :'(
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
In order to provide you with a most probable diagnosis I would like to know a few more details as follows ,
1. The onset duration and progress of your complaint ( when first noticed , how frequent etc )
2. Whether you have any associated complaints like diarrhoea , blood and mucus in stools , or constipation , pain in abdomen etc.
3. Whether you have had any investigation or procedure requiring insertion of material in anus like enema , proctoscopy , colonoscopy etc.
4. Whether you have any past medical illness or are on any medication .

Considering that you have no further details and have just noticed a yellow sticky substance coming out from your anus it could most probably be mucus which is a normal secretion of the gastrointestinal tract , however if excessive or pus like in appearance then it may indicate an underlying infection/ worm infestation or injury / inflammation of the anal mucosa .
The best way to confirm is to consult a surgeon and get basic evaluation like anal proctoscopic examination to look for inflammation/ injury and a stool routine test which can confirm the presence or absence of infection.

So please do not worry as most probably it's an acute treatable condition .
Hope I have answered your query.
Awaiting your response ,
Follow-up: Yellow sticky stuff coming out of my anus 54 minutes later
Thank you sir someone told me its H.I.V :(

I was scared
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
In that case I hope I have cleared your doubt . I'll be glad to be of any further help to you if needed.
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.