Yellow-green mucus and production of excessive mucus in nose.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 41, 5ft 9inches and 190 lbs. with no medical conditions.
Every morning I get yellow/green mucous which I spit and feel the need all day long to dig my nose all day to clear it even after me taking a bath in the morning and cleaning my nose.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Production of excessive mucus in the nose may be due to an allergy or chronic irritation or a nasal viral infection.
It is essential to flush the excess nose mucus from the nasal passages and throat area. Mucus left in this area will stagnate and cause infections which worsen the problem.
Nasal irrigation and steam inhalation are recommended to reduce the problem.
You can also put saline nasal drops to overcome nasal irritation.
An examination by ENT specialist will help in finding out the organic cause and prescribing the specific treatments required in your case.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.