Ask a Urologist   »  

Yellow fluid leakage from testicles, itching, dry and flaking skin. Swollen penis, red welts, yellow discharge. Not STD.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Had light yellow fluid leaking from my ball sack. It itches constantly and has developed what looks like dried skin flaking off. My penis is swollen and excretes some of what appears to be the same fluid with red whelts. Also itches constantly. No chance of STD's.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The light yellowish fluid from the scrotum with itching and flakes are most likely suggestive of a fungal infection. The other causes can be gonococcal or chlamydia infection. All these have to be ruled out, hence get yourself examined by a Urologist or visit a dermatologist so that your Doctor may examine you and order few tests like,
1.) Complete Blood Work
2.) Urinalysis
3.) Urine culture
to find out the exact cause for your symptoms. Diabetes also needs to be ruled out.Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause which includes a course of antibiotics. Kindly do not delay.
Maintenance of good hygiene will help in early recovery.
You need to avoid sweat accumulation in that area. Change underwear daily. Shower regularly. Wear loose cotton clothes. Avoid sun exposure to that area.
Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water.
Keep the area clean and dry. Avoid using any irritant substance like soap, shampoo etc.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.