Yellow eyes, abdominal pain, urine report, cloudy, with bacteria, mucus, few Ca ox crystals, elevated bilirubin and albumin in blood test. Treatment ?

hello, my son is 16..i got the results from blood and urine..urine clarity..cloudy ph, 6.0 .protein ua- 30, moderate bacteria, mucus, many and ca ox crystal-few..blood...albumin is 5.3 bilirubin,total is 4.2..MPV is 11.8 ...His eyes are yellow and abdominal pain

Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 26 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

I understand you need help with your son's condition. Let me interpret the reports to you.

Urine test:
Cloudy (normal is clear-cloudy)
pH 6.0 (normal is 4.5 to 7.5)
Protein 30 (upto 20mg/dL is normal)
bacteria, mucus, pus cells (indicates infection)
Calcium oxalate crystals - few (constituent of kidney stones)

Blood test:
Albumin 5.3 (normally 3.5 to 5)
Total Bilirubin 4.2 (0.3 to 1.9 gm/dL)
MPV 11.8 (normally 7.5-11.5 FL)

Considering he yellow eyes and elevated total bilirubin level, the causes can range from conditions in blood, liver or gall bladder. And that would need further evaluation.

I do believe the referring doctor has been informed and you are about to start treatment, if not do it as soon as possible.

My advice to you for now:
1. The line of management being conservative, you would need to take good care of him.
2. Jaundice takes time to resolve, so be patient.
3. The exact cause of Jaundice would be sought by your physician, keep him informed of status.
4. He would probably need to get admitted initially, so do not delay.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations or further new queries as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, do not hesitate to reply.