Yellow discoloration of sperm. Pregnancy possible through IVF ?

if i have yellow sperm can i still get my misses pregnant through ivf
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

The colour and consistency of semen depends on various factors as age, diet, masturbating habits etc. The normal colour is whitish and cloudy and yellow colour indicates infection in the prostate or passage of semen in urine. These changes are completely curable if present.

For the pregnancy to occur the sperm count, motility, ph etc., are important which are required for a normal conception. If you suspect any thing unusual consider getting a Semen Analysis done which can help in predicting the fertilization chances.

Yellow semen requires an evaluation and prescription of antibiotics are needed for curing the infection if any.

Consider visiting a Physician for detailed evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow up.
Follow-up: Yellow discoloration of sperm. Pregnancy possible through IVF ? 26 minutes later
i am going for ivf and my sperm is yellow how do i know its ok to use
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

As I explained you can get a Semen Analysis done which will help in knowing if the sperms are healthy or not. If any infection present get it treated first and then go for IVF.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.