Yeast infection, foul smelling discharge, headache. Chlamydia. Taking acidophillus and vitamins. Treatment?

Question
I have two. one is i think i have BV or Yeast infection, but my doctor ignored that and wanted me to get tested for Chlymedia, which i know i don't have.... and i don't know what to do now :( i have discharge and it smells and i just want to get rid of it. (been always a year and i want to get rid of it)
also i have had a an on and off head ache, while being tired and exhausted (i am getting plenty of sleep).
to help with anything i am currently on the pill, taking acidophillus (To try help with first one which i believe isn't working and i don't want to have to be on it forever), and vitamins.
i was also sick with a bad cold 2 weeks ago, and then about 6 weeks ago i had swollen tonsils with white stuff on it.
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Chlamydia is often silent in women, with up to 90% of women asymptomatic. Women can carry the bacteria for months or even years without knowing it. Discharge is often milky white or yellow mucus like discharge.

From the symptoms, chances are more likely that you have bacterial vaginosis. In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs. You should get it done.

The white coating on tonsils can be due to candidiasis or yeast infection of the mouth. I suggest you to get an examination done from your doctor and get a KOH examination of the scrapings done of these white coatings.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Yeast infection, foul smelling discharge, headache. Chlamydia. Taking acidophillus and vitamins. Treatment? 4 minutes later
Thank you :)
But do I have to get a swab done?
Is there anything else I can do without having to do that?

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 20 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

You need to have a cervical swab and a microscopic examination of the discharge to confirm the diagnosis. A whiff test with the swab can also be done which is performed by adding a small amount of potassium hydroxide to a microscopic slide containing the vaginal discharge. A characteristic fishy odor is considered a positive whiff test and is suggestive of bacterial vaginosis.

Microscopic examination of the discharge in bacterial vaginosis shows clue cells.

Regards.