Yeast infection after sex, rashes on penis. Tests normal. What is the problem for infection and rashes?

Question
Hi, I am a female who experienced a yeast infection after having sex with my partner. I believe the yeast infection stemmed from his use of saliva to lubricate my vagina because I was experiencing dryness. He just told me he was 2 spot/dots of rashes on the shaft of his penis and a spot/ his pubic hair. After going over to examine it, I think the rashes are drying out. It looks scaly. I am worried because I have been tested and he has been tested too and everything is fine. What do you think based on this is the problem?
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Small red dots which are scaly without any ulcers or itching in the area are not suggestive of an STD. It is more likely to be due to dermatitis or eczema. Applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment usually takes care of such simple rashes.
Please do not worry. Just monitor these rashes and if these heal in next 5-7 days then there is nothing to be worried about.
I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or XXXXXXX colored vaginal discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.