Yawned and lip went numb. Noticed lower cheek looked droopy and swollen. Lips are tingling and swollen

I yawned and my lip went numb. then I noticed that my lower cheek, looked droopy and swollen. does not hurt. but my lips are tingling and also look swollen. This is only on my right side. The left is normal minus the tingly lips.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 minutes later

You had not mentioned the time you had yawned and the symptoms occured.

I could see that you are a young man with decent health. You should be alright in few hours with the symptoms that you noticed now.

I hope you do not have high blood pressure, diabetes or taking any medications.

Yawning appears simple but there are multiple physiological processes involved for the involuntary action to occur. So the symptoms that you display now are normal variation that occurs out of these complex human physiology.

Let me know if you are not alright within 24 hours.