Xray showed fibrosis and clear lungs and pleural spaces. Can you tell me how severe this is?

Had an xray that said I had some linear bands of probable fibrosis in the left lateral CP angle . Otherwise lungs and plueral spaces clear , Cna you tell me the severity of this ? I am 57
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Fibrotic bands with lung spaces being clear and no symptom being present does not seem to be a cause of concern.

Sometimes Old Tubercular infection can present as linear fibrotic bands and resolves with time
Even in long time smokers this can be a normal presentation.

You can consider discussing with your Physician regarding CT scan,Lung function tests which would help in ruling out any possibility of chest issues.

If there would have been other symptoms as breathlessness,chest pain then it would require attention.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.