X-ray shows osseous structure grossly intact,asthma,tuberculosis skin test positive

I had an Xray. The tech said that I had osseous structures grossly intact? What does that mean? I have asthma.I am 76. I had a positive reaction to a TB skin test.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 1 hour later

You have not mentioned for which part of the body you had an x XXXXXXX done.

If one suspects TB, they look for bony changes in the body like spine, neck, hip,or any part of the body.

If it was a chest X XXXXXXX we look for changes in the chest wall or any lung pathology related to TB.

Grossly intact osseous structure indicate that there are no bony changes which are significant to cause any bony abnormalities.

You do not worry about the x XXXXXXX report , but consult your doctor on the positive reaction to TB skin test and act according to his advice.

Hope I answered your query,I am available for follow ups as well.