X ray shows intervertebral disc of spondylitis, small phleboliths in pelvic cavity, lumbar spine shows mineralization and alignment

Orthopaedic Surgeon
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX X-RAY LS SPINE AP ,LAT. Lumbar spine shows normal mineralization and alignment. Small anterior lipping osteophytes formation seen D11-D12 vertebra with minimal reduction of intervertebral disc space suggestive of early spondylitis changes
Rest of visible vertebral bodies and intervertebral disc spaces appear Normal.
No evidence of wedging or compression is seen.
On evidence of spondylitisis or spondylolisthesis is seen.
On evidence of abnormal lyric or sclerotic lesion is seen.
Apophyseal joints appear normal.
Both the SI, hip joints and psoas shadows appear normal.
Few small phleboliths seen in left sided pelvic cavity .
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

The report of X-ray lumbar spine is suggestive of minor 'age related degenerative changes' in the spine.

If there are no associated symptoms then usually no treatment is needed. Symptomatic treatment is given for any associated pain and nerve compression symptoms.

Minor life style modifications will help in stopping the further progression of your problem like-
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments if there is pain.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and bending forwards.
- Back strengthening exercises and stretching exercises daily as advised by a Physiotherapist.
- Avoid exercises in times of pain.
- Improvise your posture while sitting.

If the symptoms are severe I encourage you to consult your orthopedician for further evaluation and treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.