X-ray showed moderate disc space narrowing and degerative change at C5-6. No evidence of glenohumeral joint

Oncologist, Surgical
Hi orthopaedic surgeon for joint repleisment can you please go on may medical history already sent urlier for general doctor and tell me your opinion regarding same may feture or what should i do ?? Thank you!
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 3 days later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. The problems which you have mentioned (shoulder and disc) are recurring problems and they need proper management by an orthopedic surgeon. If the problem persists, a surgery can also be contemplated.
Getting multiple injections of cortisone are not healthy. They do have side effects and their efficacy reduces with time. There is no harm in getting regular physiotherapy done. It helps in keeping the muscles in shape.

My advise would be to consult a good orthopedic surgeon and consider surgery if the problem is not getting controlled by medicines.

I hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to clarify any other query.