X-ray showed moderate disc space narrowing and degerative change at C5-6. Is it curable?

I did wrote in may quaeries may medical history can you read that if you are reumatologist and tell me your opinion on may situation and what should i do nexst, also is may condishen is on going or it will cure 100procent then will not be problem or i have to live with that.Can you please find urliier sent may medical problems to general gp doctor on your magic site and tray to ejucate me abaut may problem . Thank you !
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 days later
Hi, welcome and thanks for detailed history.
Starting with cervical spine. Main pathology is in cervical spine . As there is disc herniation witch is compressing nerves which supplies shoulder joints. Gradually there is weakness of muscles of shoulder joints.
You have pain in shoulder and complete right back because few muscles are affected and rest are being utilized and getting strained.
Till you have done correct management regarding investigation like ultrasonography and management. It will be better to go for mri as scheduled on 16. It will delineate exact nature of pathology.
Also you need to consult a shoulder specialist for treatment management. I strongly suspect there is rotator cuff pathology. General orthopaedician is not sufficient in this condition. For carpel tunnel syndrome ultrasonography and MRI is necessary . If you have images please upload it we can have discussion on it also.
Your further management is depends on MRI OF SHOULDER.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: X-ray showed moderate disc space narrowing and degerative change at C5-6. Is it curable? 5 hours later
Hi doctor XXXXXXX S. thank you for your opinion it is highly respect by me, i will contact you when i finish my MRI scan, i will give you my results based on what the results are from the MRI. One more question, my doctor gave me just shoulder MRI, why not my whole hand? How will they find that carpettunnel syndrome? Can i ask her to change MRI for my whole hand instead of my shoulder? Saturday i had incredible pain in shoulder, sunday i had good day, will my problem show up regardless of the shot i got on the MRI? Thank you for getting back to me hope to hear from you soon.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
It is not worth and possible to do MRI of whole limb. You must ask your orthopaedician for examination regarding carpel tunnel syndrome. Then only ultrasonography may suffice. It can be managed conservatively. Your investigations are going on right track. So continue it.
Looking forward for your response.

Is cortisone shoot i got to may shoulder going to impact MRI-reading or not?What i asking for if i like to have MRI reading from one more radiologist in future (is that disk or cd or....)is that ok.thank you dr XXXXXXX S.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 minutes later
Hi, welcome back.
Cortisone injection is not going to affect mri reading at all. Don't worry about that. You can ask for CD of mri study for future correspondence.