X-ray showed mild infective changes in lung area. Have blood in cough, leg and back pain with asotitre

im 24 years old..I received my xray which indicates mild infective changes in both lung area and both hilum congested...
i Also Noticed Small amt of blood in cough today..
asotitre of 480...
pain in legs
back pain
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 33 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. Your description of chest x XXXXXXX suggests that you might have bilateral pneumonitis with hilar enlargement. This is a picture seen in atypical pneumonias. Rusty sputum (blood tinged sputum) can be seen in pneumonia.

Bloody cough known as hemoptysis is a serious concern. Although it is very small amount, it is worrisome and need to be investigated. I suggest you to see a pulmonologist to see what is this infection all about. You need to get a few test such as hemogram to look for neutrophil or lymphocyte predominance, ESR , Mantoux test and sputum examination if necessary. High Resolution CT (HRCT) chest to find the exact extent is in order depending on your clinical signs.

2. ASO TITRE is significant in rheumatic fever or scarlet fever. The titre seems to have no relevance here in your case. Let me know if you have missed any other symptoms / past medical illness.

3. Back pain has multiple causes - it can be mechanical or inflammatory. Did you suffer from any kind of injury , or have long sitting hours of work matters as lot.

Hope this suffices. I will be glad to comment further if you have any doubts.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: X-ray showed mild infective changes in lung area. Have blood in cough, leg and back pain with asotitre 24 minutes later
i hav consulted a physician ... he said that the legs/back pain is due to asotitre...
he prescribed doxyclyine tab for a week(for chest infection) ... and pentids and monteklaust for 3 months..

the back pain occurs when i play table tennis or sit for long hrs in the office... and is reduced when i take rest at night..
i also eperience sever pain in my legs when i come back from work in the evening..

i Also Feel feverish when i wake up in the morning ..... bt feel better after a bath
this has been happening for a month now
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later

First talk about your chest infection , Doxycycline is a good drug for specially targeting atypical infections . Montelukast is mast cell stabiliser thus reduces the allergic component and hyperreactivity of bronchus . You can ask these medications because your doctor knows the best as he has seen your x XXXXXXX and is aware of your clinical symptoms but if it does not respond after this get yourself evaluated.

Second regarding back pain it seems to be mechanical low back ache as it gets better after rest if it had been inflammatory it would get worse after taking rest . I think you should consult an orthopaedician for the same get an X XXXXXXX LS spine done to look for any pathology or may be simply prescribing muscle relaxants may solve your problem .

Thank you .

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: X-ray showed mild infective changes in lung area. Have blood in cough, leg and back pain with asotitre 23 hours later
Hi Doc,

I have uploaded my chest XXXXXXX ...
plz let me know if you find anything..
I could not XXXXXXX a pulmonologist as it was a sunday... will do tommorow..
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 16 hours later

I had a look at you X XXXXXXX but it is not very clear so it will be difficult to say anything but I could appreciate the hilar congestion and prominent vascular marking along with some haziness in upper zones but could not comment till you see the X-ray film in person. You need to see the pulmonologist for the expert opinion although what I could see was in favour of infection only but we need to rule out all possibilities.

Thank you .

Dr Shruti