X-ray showed bronchovasscular markings prominent in bilateral lung field. Meaning?

what does it mean in an x-ray that bronchovasscular markings are prominent in bilateral lung fields. Pls see the scan report and give your feedback based on that.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 50 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. The chest Xray is suggestive of prominent bronchovascular markings. It is sometimes seen as a normal finding in old aged patient. It may also be seen in bronchitis . The fibrotic lesions are suggestive of previously healed infection.

2. It all depends on your clinical symptoms. If you are asymptomatic then non need to worry.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist