X-ray of lumbar spine and on disk showed dark area near tailbone. Is this mass?

Excellent
Question
I just received an xray of my lumbar spine and on the disk I noticed a dark area near my tailbone. Is this a mass?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
dear XXXXXXX

It is almost impossible to help interpret the x XXXXXXX without seeing it; could you please upload a picture or file with the x ray?

thanks!

Follow-up: X-ray of lumbar spine and on disk showed dark area near tailbone. Is this mass? 12 minutes later
here is the xray.

Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting the film. Not to worry. That is stool in the bowel. Compare it to the sausage like structure in the left upper corner of the abdomen, that is the colon with stool.

Best regards,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN