Wrist injury, pain with movement, pain when trying to lift something, no discoloration or swelling. Concerned

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I fell on my left wrist about 10 days ago. I am still experiencing some pain with movement. I get a sharpt pain if I try to lift something. There is no discoloration or swelling. Just concerned.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Feeling a sharp pain on trying to lift something is suggestive a bone injury even if there is no swelling or pain during rest. This seems to be a minor hairline injury without any displacement.
You need to get an X-ray of your wrist done to detect the extent of injury you have suffered. Sometimes MRI scan may be required to detect minor fractures or soft tissue or tendon injuries.
Right now you must avoid all the painful wrist movements and avoid holding or lifting anything from the injured hand.
A direct examination by an orthopedician and investigations are necessary for proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.