Ask a Urologist   »  

Wrinkled and insensitive penis. Feeling tight and dry after erection. How to overcome this?

Jul 2012

im really distraught over this my penis is insensitive and wrinkly on the shaft and the head too and the shaft skin seems very then and has lost color also i am able to achieve a full erection but it feels tight and dry please help i ve to dermatologists about this they recommend just using vasoline but it seems like it hasent helped any
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Hi there.
I empathise with your issue & the penis is a sensitive region.
I dont advocate vaseline as most of my patients' are unhappy with it & it does seem to cause some a hyperpigmentation that is worrisome.
I do recommend you to use an aloevera based cream & best if it is in a gel form. This can easily be aquired over the counter & should not require a prescription.
In addition, if this does not work for you try using the simple K-Y jelly preparation that acts as a lubricant & is often recommended before a sexual act for this purpose.
Trust this will have helped you & wish you all the best. Do feel free to close this query if we are done & rate us if time permits. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD