Wound from circumcision, weeping clear yellow liquid, taken antibiotics, Nystatin and Neomycin. What to do to speed healing?

Urologist
Question
I have a wound from a circumcision that was done by a non profession.
i need urologist opinion.
The scab covering wound is now gone with raw wound. 16 days
The wound is weeping clear yellow liquid
My 1st treated me with bio-antibiotic
Today my 2nd physical dr gave me creme. Nystatin 100,000 units, neomycin 2.5mg, gramicidin .25mg, triamcinolone acetonide 1mg.
I am not taking oral antibiotic yet.
when slightly moist but stops when completely when exposed to air
i am being treated with antibiotics
But need advise on what to do to speed healing and air drying is difficult because the wound still stays wet. Weeping
1st dr is hemotologist / bio medicine. And is recommending four days rest and leave bandage alone for four days. Injected bio equivalent antibiotic 7 doses.
2nd dr Gen MD recommends change bandage twice a day and air at night. Recommends see urologist tomorrow. He may prescribe a real XXXXXXX penicillin pill form.
I hope to see urologist and rest four day and come up with plan.
Please advise and counsel me what you would do for best results.
Previous discussion below.

Doctor's reply to your previous question...
Hi,Thanks for posting your query.I hope you have now consulted a doctor.From the details that you have shared it seems that you have wound infection that is the reason why yellow thick liquids comes out. It can either pus or discharge from wound. This is common when proper aseptic precautions are not taken.The best thing for you know to speed up the healing is,>Consult a general surgeon/urologist if not consulted yet.>Continue with oral antibiotics>Please discuss with your doctor about local application of antibiotics, which help in faster healing process.>Do not touch area frequently.Wear loose clothes, avoid tight fitting clothes. Take good nourishing diet.I hope this helps.Please write again is you have something more to ask.If you do not have further query please accept the answer.Regards,Dr.Pragnesh
Replied by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani , 2 days ago

Disclaimer: The Expert's advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.

Excellent is bandage ok to wrap firmly or should it be loose I have been keeping it loose The dr gave me a cream but once applied it weeps profuselyit was advised to wrap tight during day and air at nightWhat is your opinion?So grateful! Thank you!
Asked by Me , 2 days ago

Doctor's reply to your question above...
Hi,Good to hear from you again.I think it is better that you follow the advice given by your doctor.After applying local cream if there is lots of discharge from the wound, please talk to your doctor, you might be having some allergy to the cream. Please stop applying it.Dressing method is fine; do not tie too much tight. Some form of tight bandage during day time is to prevent too much of discharge from the wound.Please complete the treatment and you should recover fully in short time.Regards,Dr.Pragnesh
Replied by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani , 1 day ago

Thank you so much, I applied bandage as directedduring dayAt night I removed bandage The scab came off with bandage.I called dr and he said it is ok.but now I have an interesting situationI have raw wound exposed and I don't know what to doI rinsed the open wound with cetrimide .5%, chlorhexidine gluconate .05%Antisepticdr approvedhow do I treat this nowDoes a new scab form? I am a little nervous what to doMy dr didnt want to see puss situationI feel vulnerable and depending I have dexapanthenol 5% chlorhexidine .5%, vitamin a 2000 iuGaze pads and wrapThis in bleeding mildly and the wound is wet from plasmaWhat do I do with all this? Hope you can still advise XXXXXXX
Asked by Me , 19 hours ago

Hi,Good to hear from you again.If the raw area is oozing and have occasional bleed it is better that you dress the area to avoid friction and repeated injury due to routine activities.You can use the cream advised by your doctor for dressing. Do not apply too much of antiseptic solution to clean and please use at least 10 times dilution of the solution to avoid skin damage due to it.(1 tea spoon of solution and 10 spoon of water, make a solution)It should heal with this. See your doctor at least 1-2 times in a week for him to have a look.I hope this helps you in recovering fast.Regards,Dr.Pragnesh
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 29 hours later

Dear,

I have read your complete history. If I were to be your treating doctor, my advice would be as follows:

1. Don't do anything with the wound.
2. Wash it thoroughly with normal tap water twice a day and then apply topical antibiotic cream such as soframycin cream locally on the scar line.
3. I do not recommend the use of any antiseptic solutions or try to wipe dry the whole area. Just wash it and apply cream.
4. You can put a bandage on the top just to prevent soiling of the clothes; otherwise your wound does not need any dressing. If you put bandage then wet it well with plenty of water prior to removing it.
5. Watch how the wound is progressing. If you again develop discharge from this raw wound, severe pain and swelling or fever, you would need to visit your doctor. Oral antibiotics are entailed in such cases.
6. Usually the wound should heal in a few weeks. Check your blood sugars to make sure diabetes is ruled out. Diabetes can cause delayed wound healing.

Hope I am able to address your concern. Let me know the progress of the condition or if you need any more guidance.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Regards

Follow-up: Wound from circumcision, weeping clear yellow liquid, taken antibiotics, Nystatin and Neomycin. What to do to speed healing? 4 hours later
Should I be resting or can I be active with such soft tissue and moisture/warmth down there

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can be active. Do not worry about the moisture or warmth over there.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Wound from circumcision, weeping clear yellow liquid, taken antibiotics, Nystatin and Neomycin. What to do to speed healing? 6 days later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX goel.

I have been adding cremes and changing bandages as prescribed.

The healing is slowly happening. There is a yellow slough or slime that is there when I remove bandage. I use cremes recommended and everything appears clean.

Upon removing of bandage, it peals off easy and raw wound exposed, and a yellow slime is there, much of the slime comes off. Leaving nothing but raw wound. Usually a little bleeding may follow In places. this process repeats at ever bandage change.
what I have looks like the last picture in the link below when the wound is moist.
do I need debasement or an enzyeme treatment to remove the slime causing
I am now using honey as of just today, and wonder if hydrogen peroxide help.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 24 hours later
Dear,

You don't need to do anything.

You can dress the wound with paraffin gauze. Paraffin gauze does not stick to the wound and thus the scar does not peel off and healing continues. The paraffin gauze should be available over the counter at your nearest medical store.

Beyond this you don't need anything. There is no need for any enzyme treatment. Don't use hydrogen peroxide at all.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Wound from circumcision, weeping clear yellow liquid, taken antibiotics, Nystatin and Neomycin. What to do to speed healing? 39 hours later
Hello Dr XXXXXXX goel,
Thanks for replying.
Are you suggesting for healing to progress the scar or scab needs to be present?

The cremes has been liquefying the scar/scab... And healing is very slow. Could you consider what strategy for the fastest healing?

Heat and moisture from the location tends to keep the scar/scab soft or fragile since the original scab is gone and the current scab is very thin because of the lack of blood.

Plasma seems to the only forming protection minus the fibrin that blood helps to produce.

I am considering strategy of using gaze that very loosely wrapped where the dried wound stays dry. Outside of the the scab/scar being so thin and fragile, thing I do seems to protect it because the warmth and moisture damages the structure.

Let me know what you suggest.
have good day XXXXXXX Gilkison

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

I understand your apprehension, but let me assure you, scab is obviously required for the healing to take place. You should recognize that now your wound is healing by secondary intention.

If I were to be your treating doctor, I wouldn't advise you to use any cream or tight bandages. Just use paraffin gauze. Change it every day. Before removing, wet it thoroughly with water. This shall allow it to be removed without peeling off the scab and thus allow the scar to form and healing to take place.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards