Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me?

Hello! I m trying to get pregnet however my doctor gave me lomexin t ovule to use for slight infection..would that kills the sperm inside me ?? And would that ovule affect my ovulation..
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is an antifungal drug. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX Thanks for writing to healthcare magic. I am Dr XXXXXXX B an obgyn specialist. The drug you have mentioned is an antifungal Drug. Fungal infection of vagina can cause vaginitis and an unfavorable environment for the sperms.In fact mixed vaginal infection kills the sperms and prevents pregnancy. The ovule need not be inserted around the time of ovulation. It should be inserted much before or after ovulation and not around the time of planned coitus. If your doctor after examination has found some infection it is better treated. The drug will not interfere with ovulation as it is non-hormonal medication. Hope you find this useful. Please write back if you have any more queries. I will be glad to answer. Thanks. DR XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me? 25 minutes later
Thx doctor,i tell exactly what happens is my last period was on the 6 feb and my cycle 26 days,i had sex with my partner in the 17 th and he is travelling however i used Lomexin ovule one day after sex..there is any chance for pregnancy?? Did i ovulate in that time or not yet?? Does the sperm lives inside me or no?? Best regards
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: pregnancy possible. not much harm due to ovule Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX , Thanks for writing with your details. As your cycles are of 26 days you have had coitus on 17 th which is within the fertile period. To become pregnant it would be ideal if you could have had sex on alternate days on 2 occasion but as your partner is traveling this was not possible. Still as the sperms live in the uterus for 48-72 hours after sex you have a good chance of getting pregnant. Regarding whether the ovule , it may not have effected the sperms as you inserted it one day later. Regarding your question on whether you have ovulated, it's hard to tell now. There are ovulation detection kits available which can be used at Home from day 11 to pinpoint the day of ovulation and hence coitus for successful pregnancy. You can consult your obgyn for instructions in next cycle. Hope I have answered all your queries. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree
Follow-up: Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me? 35 minutes later
Thank you doctor very much.. Just m scared that the ovary infection that i hv might kills the sperm before reaching the cervix??!!Is it always the ovulation happend 14 days before the next period or it varie??!
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: ovulation not always 100% predictable Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX, Thanks for writing back. I can understand your concern. As you had mentioned in your 1st query that your doctor mentioned you have slight infection I presume it may not be a cause for concern. Regarding predicting ovulation, it is usually 14 days before the next cycle but can vary sometimes by a week. The best methodvis by using ovulation detection kits at Home which can reasonably narrow the time to a day or 2. Hope this was helpful. Thanks DR Bhagyashree