Would an upper endoscopy and neck ultrasound and ent camera

Question
Would an upper endoscopy and neck ultrasound and ent camera down throat be enough to rule out tonsil cancer? I have had deep inner ear pain for months but looks clear on inspection, no fever, no painful swallowing, no infection?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Biopsy

Detailed Answer:

Do you have lump? Is the problem increasing with days?
You seem to be little more concerned than you should really be.
However to be informed, the ultimate diagnosis is given by the pathologist after going through the biopsy slides taken via the above procedures or tonsillectomy.
Before they do a tonsillectomy they can get an MRI done to check the extent of the lump. MRI gives a fair idea if you have a growing tumor or not.

Follow-up: Would an upper endoscopy and neck ultrasound and ent camera 11 hours later

I have one swollen lymph node on the side of the sore ear/tonsil but have had ultrasound on the lymph node that returned normal. I have also had a laryngoscopy, and cat scan of brain (for headaches, but would ct scan of head show tonsil tumour?)

Thanks , XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Would an upper endoscopy and neck ultrasound and ent camera 4 minutes later
Oh and also had swab about 12 months ago that returned with strep. But every month or so from past 18 months I have had headache, fatugue, left ear pain and sore throat on left side.

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood counts

Detailed Answer:

I think you are concerned about something which was not proven. If the CT scan was taken was normal then you should not be concerned about tumor. Similarly laryngoscopy is a highly specific investigation and would return with results if there is any tumor.
The current set of symptoms that were recurring every month for past 18 months should be dealt by you than a doctor. If the blood counts are also normal then it is not an infection or tumor or anything else. You got to calm down and deal with them through home remedies like gargles, massages for headache and fatigue.