Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation?

Mar 2016

Would a sonographer know if my lmp had been implantation. And if so would they have changed my due date. Ultrasound is dating back to lmp.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 30 minutes later
Implantation occurs 7-9 days after ovulation and at that time i.e on D21-D23 of cycle,the predominant morphologic feature is edema of the endometrial stroma.It can be seen/evaluated on USG/TVS (Trans Vaginal Sonography) scan.So in this state, sonographer may know whether implantation occurs or not in the last cycle by complete follow through the sonography/report.
Your due date will be as usual and not changed if implantation does not take place.
For evaluation of implantation,it is needed to do USG/TVS scan back to LMP as on D21-D23 of cycle. Consult with your sonologist.
TVS scan gives 2 wk earlier details about Feto Placental Profile (FPP) than USG scan if you have conceived.Gestational sac is viewed on 4wks with TVS scan.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your better health.