Would a female be able to have babies after having chlamydia?

Hello Dr XXXXXXX I just have a few questions for you today?

I was just wondering, would a female be able to have babies after having chlamydia?

and what are the steps that i could take to conceiving for a baby??
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Chlamydia can cause scarring of uterus and Fallopian tubes which can result in infertility.
You can't be sure of your success of pregnancy just because you no longer have chlamydia.It depends upon how long your disease went untreated and how badly you are scarred.Some have no problem while others have lots of problem.
% wise you have 30% chance of getting pregnant each month if you are normal.
With scarring this gets reduced to 5%.
In terms of timing a normal couple should be pregnant in 3to 4 months.With scarring it may take 10 to 12 months,if your tubes are not completely blocked.
If you try for 12 months and are unsuccessful,you may resort to some testing like laproscopy and clearing of adhesions.
As a last resort one can get IVF done as there is problem in fertilization and not in women getting pregnant.
Untreated chlamydia can cause scarring which can impair fertility BUT A HISTORY OF CHLAMYDIA DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T GET PREGNANT. 

You must make sure that you and your partner are chlamydia free.
Be patient and keep on trying naturally.
Patience does bring the desired result in many cases.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.