Would UV therapy raise testosterone levels in a male naturally? Would you recommend it?

Would UV thearpy raise testosteron levels in a male naturally? Would you recommend it? I am asking for my husband.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

There are no medical studies for UV therapy as a method of treatment for lowered testosterone levels till date. I do not recommend it hence.

If low levels are documented, then other modes of management are planned and adopted as per the diagnosis. An XXXXXXX would be of help. Serum levels of testosterone will be a guide.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.