Worried about pre ejaculate nay have entered vagina. Also used finger. Chances of sperm gotten inside vagina?

My girlfriend and I were about to engage in sex, and I realized we didn't have any protection so we decided not to. I didn't enter her or ejaculate, however, I'm worried that some pre ejaculate may have gotten onto her vagina. As far as I know, we didn't make contact at all. Also I then fingered her, and I'm afraid some sperm may have gotten inside her.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 8 minutes later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. Good on your decision, safe sex first. Now, the chances of conception without penetration and particularly without ejaculation are very very slim; not impossible to think that if you had semen in your fingers and finger her deep you might put sperm in contact with her cervix... but that is not what you describe, and again rare. I advise you to follow her normal period and if there are delays then see a provider for further testing.

Hope that helps, truly yours,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN