Worried about cortical cyst in ovary

May 2013
As per report I have cortical syst I very much worried plz tell me possible treatment
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

renal cortical cysts are usually incidental findings during ultrasound examination, the treatment options will depend on,
-size of the cyst,
-contents of the cyst,
-nature of the cyst,
-symptomatic or not etc,
so if you provide these details according to your scan report and clinical features I can tell you regarding treatment options.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Worried about cortical cyst in ovary 15 hours later
I have a cortical cyst measuring as 52/48/48 mm in size in ovary I m worried tell me what does it means and what kind of treatment I should have is there any complication. and i want to attech the ultra sound report plz tell me how i can do this
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

ovarian cysts could be of functional cysts and benign neoplasms,

if your cyst is,
less than 6cms in diameter,
contains clear fluid,
without septations or with thin septations etc,
that can be considered as functional cysts
otherwise there is chance for benign neoplasm.

complications of the cyst depends on nature of the cyst, usually torsion, hemorrhage into the cyst, rupture etc are common complications.

along with your question there will be one option to attach any reports like this,
"Reports and Images :
In case you have reports or images to share with the doctor, you can upload them in the next page"
you can attach there.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.