Worried about abnormal hyperunion or extra growth of bone after healing of hypothetical fracture in foot

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear Dr. Wankhede,

Hi, how have you been? Hope all is going well for you.

For the past several weeks (or months?) I've been trying so hard to figure out how to completely get rid of my obsession without asking you the same questions over and over and I think I might have come up with a way. Could you tell me if it's correct?

So, way before I started asking you questions I had used a ruler to push in my fat pad from the bottom of the foot sole toward the calcaneal bone and then I measured the length of how much it goes in again - and it went in exactly the same as when I did measured long time ago (0.5cm). If there was an abnormal hyperunion or extra growth of the bone after healing of the fracture (just imagine I had a fracture), then it would look like the picture I attached, but since there's no new bone that can be felt or extends down to the foot sole, it means the measurement has stayed the same right?
What I mean by measurement in the last sentence is everything including my height

Thank you so much again for helping me.

Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 1 hour later
Thanks for coming back. I've been good and hope you have been too.

Thanks for sending the picture. That I believe is not the right way to measure the length. The fat in the sole may vary and eventually decrease as you age, that would not mean lengthening of calcaneum.

Nevertheless you must stop thinking about your calcaneum, its length and the fracture it never had. It is absolutely normal. If raising your height is the concern, focus on other ways of achieving it. If not, visit your counsellor who will help you forget this obsession.

You are welcome to further help.
Follow-up: Worried about abnormal hyperunion or extra growth of bone after healing of hypothetical fracture in foot 1 hour later
Dear Dr. Wankhede,

I understand I'm obsessed and I've been seeing a counsellor and she kinda helped me forget about it. That's why I was able to just forget about it and only think about it from time to time. I'm actually quite tall and don't want to grow any taller. I just want to know what my ORIGINAL, HONEST height is. - (with NORMAL BONES) - I'M NOT LOOKING FOR TALLER OR SHORTER HEIGHT. I know I'm obsessed with something very weird. Sorry Dr. Wankhede and thank you for keep helping me =)

But what I still don't get is, if there's some kind of overgrowth of the bone or some bulge or soft callus forming temporarily like the picture I've shown you awhile ago, wouldn't I be able to feel it because it's close to the very bottom of the sole? Because I've seen people with HEEL SPURS and they said they actually feel it near their sole. So [the distance from the very bottom of their foot sole and the normal bone] VS {the distance from the very bottom of the foot sole and the heel spur area] must be different right? This is what I meant awhile ago.

THEN - What if I just stand still and minus 0.5 cm from there? That removes the entire fat part. Would that be more than enough? Let's say I take out the entire measurement of the fat, that means I'm taking out all the possible abnormal growth of the bone or soft callus that might form vertically (JUST IMAGINING) isn't it?

The bottom line is- if I ever have to minus some mm, I DON"T HAVE TO DO ANYMORE THAN 0.5cm, right?
If any sort of callus or whatever (either temporarily or permanently) grows under the very bottom of calcaneum the furthest it can increase my height is until right before the very bottom of the foot sole isn't it? I mean it obviously doesn't penetrate.

WHICH MEANS the maximum length of extra bone or temporarily callus it can grow under the calcenum is less than the length of the fat pad being pushed in right?
I've uploaded my last jpg file, thanks

Thank you Dr. Wankhede
Answered by Dr. Atul Wankhede 7 hours later
Pleasure to be of service again.

I have no clue about what your actually problem is. Thankfully enough you are undergoing a treatment with a professional counselor but that seems to have not worked out completely to your advantage.

I suggest you put in more efforts in the aforesaid direction and try to forget everything about this calcaneum affair.

I'm right here for any further substantial query.