Worried about STD. Pap smear test came negative

Dec 2013

I have a question. I am concerned bout STDS. I had a pap smear last July of 2012 and XXXXXXX of 2013. Both came out negative. This past year I was dating different guys at to different times of course. Both claimed to be clean. I went in for a check up back in XXXXXXX of this year after my first relationship and like I said it came out negative so when I met the second guy I was good to go and he had been checked for STDS as well and came out negative. I'm not with him anymore either and now I've been paranoid bout contracting an STD. I have no symptoms or anything that I'm aware of but I'm still concerned bout having one and not knowing. Since I already had a pap smear this year apparently I can't go back until next year so idk hate to do. But I'll have to wait a whole year before I can find out whether I am clean or not of STDS. Do you have any suggestions on what I should CFO? I feel like can't focus on anything, im always thinking bout it and I feel it makes me isolate myself from my family and friends because I don't know if I have one or not.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 9 days later
Brief Answer:
It is normal feeling after mutiple realtion

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic.

I have gone through the compete query with diligence and after thoroughly analyzing all the things I reassure you fully that there is no chance of any sexually transmitted infection in yourself. This is on the basis of following facts given below.

- There is no any symptoms or signs expressed by yourself after the relationship. Any of the sexually transmitted infection manifests itself in form of bumps or ulcer or discharge. But I am not able to find anything related to this in your history.

- I can get that it is almost more than 3-4 months since your last relationship, so it is quite impossible for any sexually transmitted infection to manifest after a period of 3 months. We consider the longest of incubation period for most of sexually transmitted infection to be maximum of 90 days. It is beyond that period that you are totally healthy. So this also makes us to conclude no STDs.

- The best of the fact is that all of you including you and both of your ex- boyfriends were negative for any sexually transmitted infection after testing tells the most definitive proof. This is the strongest evidence of STD free status of all of you.

It is quite normal to have this kind of feeling which you are experiencing after multiple relationship in shirt period of time. I quite often see people quite worried of possibility of sexually transmitted infections after this type of relationship. So do not worry and stop thinking about any wrong possibilities.

Keep yourself busy and do not sit alone. DO some productive work and do not take any tensions regarding any STDs.

I hope based n all the above facts your doubt is clear now and you must be relaxed. If you have any further queries I will be glad to help.

Dr Sanjay
MD ( Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases)