Worms in menstrual blood. Help
User rating for this question
Hi Dr world you holp me about I find a worms in my period this is the fist time ever at the moment I still had my period, So why in the period what can I do for the main time cheers
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later
Thank you for posting your problem to Healcare Magic
Worms from vagina/periods are an extremely rare event. As vagina is not a source of worms, though it is possible that sometimes a worm gets out from anus and gets access in the vagina while the patient is asleep. This is a possibility in your case.
Another possibility is that you have misinterpreted a mucus thread in menstrual blood as a worm.
You can get you stool examined for ova/cyst of parasites to get confirmation,
or take the discharged sample to a laboratory to be examined.
Tablet Albendazole (an antihelminth) taken in supervision of the clinician will cure the problem if worm is proved by examination.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you. I will be glad to answer any other follow up.
People also viewed
- What causes extended periods with heavy bleeding
- What causes a 20 day menstral cycle
- Does eccrine carcinoma spread to the liver
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Menstrual bloodclot worm
- What causes persitent pain in shoulder blades
- Ovral g 20 tab
- Worms in menstrual clots
- Menstrual bleeding and worms
- Worms in menstrual cycle
- Misoprostol 200 mg given after miscarriage
- Microgynon 20 brown discharge
- What is the treatment for microangiopathy
- Worms in menstrual blood help
- Pain on 20th day menstrual cycle