Worms in menstrual blood. Help

Hi Dr world you holp me about I find a worms in my period this is the fist time ever at the moment I still had my period, So why in the period what can I do for the main time cheers
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later

Thank you for posting your problem to Healcare Magic

Worms from vagina/periods are an extremely rare event. As vagina is not a source of worms, though it is possible that sometimes a worm gets out from anus and gets access in the vagina while the patient is asleep. This is a possibility in your case.

Another possibility is that you have misinterpreted a mucus thread in menstrual blood as a worm.

You can get you stool examined for ova/cyst of parasites to get confirmation,
or take the discharged sample to a laboratory to be examined.

Tablet Albendazole (an antihelminth) taken in supervision of the clinician will cure the problem if worm is proved by examination.

I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you. I will be glad to answer any other follow up.

Best wishes