Working out, eating eggs and drinking milk. Want protein supplements that do not have side effects

Dietitian & Nutritionist
HI doctor,

i am going to gym and i am working out for perfect body so i am taking lot of proteins (10 eggs a day and 1/2 litre of milk) and i am planing to take protein supplements, so can u please give me your suggestion's
can u suggest me any protein supplements which has no side effects
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Grace Abraham 24 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I shall try provide you with important information with regards to protein consumption.

Protein does not make your muscles grow when you are bodybuilding, but instead helps to repair them.

When you lift weights, you are creating tiny tears in your muscle. Your body repairs these muscle fibers to make your muscles grow larger. The body uses proteins to repair these fibers, which is why you will need more protein in your diet when you are bodybuilding.

In addition to eating the correct amount of protein, timing of these protein servings also is important. It is generally recommended to eat a lean protein source 15 to 20 minutes before your exercise session, during your exercise session and within at least 1 hour after you work out. This gives you the amount of protein you need to repair muscle fibers after your exercise session. While lean protein sources such as skimmed Milk, egg whites, skin out chicken, Soy milk or Tofu are good choices because of its low fat content. Please time these supplements as per your needs while your work out.

As a bodybuilder, consuming more protein than the average person is needed to achieve the muscle gains you want to achieve. However, extra protein can be hard on your liver and kidneys because these organs are responsible for breaking down the wastes associated with absorbing these nutrients in your body. Also, consuming protein in excess of your daily needs is unnecessary because your body eliminates it via your urine.

Take extra protein only when you workout and avoid them when you are not working out. There is no need for extra protein supplements when you are having a high protein diet.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have further enquiries.

Grace Abraham
Follow-up: Working out, eating eggs and drinking milk. Want protein supplements that do not have side effects 4 hours later
thanks for the info it is really help full

i have another query
i start my workouts at 6:00 am

i take 8 eggs and 1/2 litre of milk after workout,
afternoon 1 egg, and
night 1 egg

is this normal?

can u tell me how to schecdule it!
Answered by Dr. Grace Abraham 2 hours later

Generally high protein foods should be taken soon after the workout. Try to have only egg white, avoid yolk due to its high fat content. Have a high protein meal only after your workout, but not during other time of the day.
You can include soya products in the diet as it is high in protein and low in fat. Use skimmed Milk as much as possible. Keep in mind, that you should not over load the kidneys.

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham.