Working night shifts. Taken and want to take Provigil. Can this medicine be taken?

Hi my husband just lost his job and I have had to go back to working nights. In the past I have taken provigil in order to get though my shift. We do not have insurance so I cannot afford a doctor and the medication. can you help with this?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Hello and thanks for the query.
Sorry to learn that your husband has lost the job and you have to work in night shifts.
Provigil is the first of its kind in a new class of drugs that help keep you awake. It is often used to treat narcolepsy and excessive sleepiness. The active ingredient is modafinil, which promotes concentration and memory and is a mood enhancer. It is not available over-the-counter, so you will need a prescription. 

I am very sorry to say that law doesn't permit us to provide any prescription online.please consult your doctor for any prescription.
You can ask any other query if you wish.
Thanks and best of luck.
Follow-up: Working night shifts. Taken and want to take Provigil. Can this medicine be taken? 2 minutes later
Can you refer me to a doctor that will prescribe this for me?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 minutes later
Since I don't know any doctor personally in your area,you have to search your self or ask some local friend of yours who can find a doctor for you.