Working in shifts, feel heaviness and body pain during evening shifts. What should I do in my daily routine?

Question

I worked in shifts which generally consist morning(8 am to 3 pm),evening (3 PM to 10 PM) and Night (10 PM to 8 PM), between shifts i usually feel some heaviness and little bit pain on my body especially in evening shifts inspite of having 7-8 hour sleep in night . please suggest what should i do in my daily routine to keep fresh my self in changing shifts
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 24 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
thanks for writing in.
You have not mentioned you shift schedule, whether change of shift is weekly or within 2-3 days interval.
If shift change is weekly , then there shouldn’t be a problem adjusting. The most important thing is to have your meals on time. Every 3-4 hours, you should be having something small and nutritious. Its also very important that you get some exercise everyday. Avoid taking too much of tea and coffee and rely on water, XXXXXXX tea, fruit juices, coconut water etc.
Spending quality time with your family and sleeping for atleast 7-8 hours everyday is also important.
Stress relieving exercises like pranayama, meditation and yoga will also help.
Hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.
wish you good health.

Follow-up: Working in shifts, feel heaviness and body pain during evening shifts. What should I do in my daily routine? 14 minutes later
sir,

thanks for your reply,

actually my shedule is 2 morning,2 evening,2night 2 holiday --then again 2 morning..and it goes on like this. i will follow your advice well i will welcome if you have anything extra to suggest me after seeing my shedule.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
You have got very tight duty schedules but now you have to adjust according to the way I suggested.
Take the advantage of having two days off and simply unwinding during these days.
I hope I answered your query,
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
thanks.

Follow-up: Working in shifts, feel heaviness and body pain during evening shifts. What should I do in my daily routine? 12 minutes later
thanks a lot for your quick response.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
You are welcome.
Thanks for appreciation.
Please rate the answer.
Ok and bye.