Work in night shift, got low BP and on Stamlo. Stomach is getting big. How to reduce it?

I do work in night shift always. I got low BP for last 1 year and I used to take stamlo 5mg tab.
My stomach is getting big now-a-days.

So please advice me how should I decrease my stomach.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

There can be many causes for stomach getting big before we think of weight reduction.
You need to keep a check on waist circumference regularly. Also get examined by a doctor to see if the big stomach is due to fat or fluid accumulation or is it some organic cause.

A physical examination done by a doctor can easily figure out whether it is fluid retention or a swelling in the abdomen or is it just fat. Sometimes blood tests are also needed.

If you are sure that it is fat then we can proceed with some lifestyle changes etc.

Also if you are getting low blood pressure than you may need a change in dose for BP medicine.

Waiting for your reply.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Work in night shift, got low BP and on Stamlo. Stomach is getting big. How to reduce it? 8 minutes later
What are the tests required(for blood and fat) can you please let me know or if I want to XXXXXXX you how can I meet??

Please let me know the procedure and charges?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi again

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Regarding tests, it should be taken step-wise.
First by examination we need to see what it is.

Suppose it seems like fat accumulation on examination, then low calorie diet and exercise is needed.

If it is fluid accumulation, then blood tests will be needed to figure out the cause. These tests will mostly rule out heart, kidney and liver conditions but other tests like electrolytes etc will be included.

If there is some localised swelling in the abdomen, then radiological tests will be indicated like ultrasound of abdomen.

Currently I am located in Punjab, thus a consultation may not be possible.

Dr Vaishalee