Woman unable to conceive a child. Causes and treatment ?

i want to know that why i am not concieving.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 6 hours later

For conception to occur, few things are must. In male, sperm count, motility and morphology. In female ovaries shold be producing egg and rupturing it, tubes should be open and uterus should be ready to bear a pregnancy.

From your history with DMPA inj in past and variation in menstrual cycle, there is a possibility of ovaries not producing egg properly.

If that is the case, you should have serial ultrasounds for follicle monitoring from day 8 of cycle. Secondly, you had two MTPs in past, to rule out tubal block you should have HSG (hysterosalpingography test) from day 5 to day 10 of cycle.

Consult your local doctor who will help you in getting these tests done. Since you are planning pregnancy start taking Folic acid tab (5 mg) once a day to prevent congenital anomalies in the baby.

I hope, I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.