Woke up with stiff neck, headache, swollen nodes behind ears. Feeling lethargic with low appetite

I woke up this morning with a very stiff neck and a headache. Later on in the day I felt the nodes behind my ears to be swollen. Not sure of any relevance but my scalp is itchy ? I have been feeling rather lethargic with a loss of appetite. Any advice you can offer is appreciated. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 45 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given of
Stiff neck
Nodes behind the ears
Lethargy and
Loss of appetite,

All these symptoms point out to a flue like symptoms which preceded any kinf of viral infection. Most commonly it may be a beginning of a Upper respiratory infection.
In next few days look for a sore throat or cough or coryza.
The symptoms that you have described are very non-specific and can occur with any viral infection. Just wait for a couple of days to see what you are having.
Meanwhile take plenty of water and take Paracetamol for fever if any.
If you find time get a Complete Blood Count done.
And yes, do take some bed rest.
Viral infection may not require any specific treatment but then if it is bacterial you may require anti-biotics after a few days.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Dr. Srikanth Reddy