Woke up with slight loss of hearing. Applied ear cleaning fluid. Now total deafness. Reason?

I woke up on Saturday with slight loss of hearing on the right ear, I applied some ear cleaning fluid which created total deafness, I would say I now have 10% hearing whati si this and will it last.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 44 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems that your right external ear canal is blocked with wax.

It is always not possible to clean your ear with ear clearing fluid alone. Sometimes wax got empected.

Probably wax got swollen after getting moisture from ear cleaning fluid and has blocked ear canal completely and caused complete deafness on that side.

It will be not safe to try further cleaning of ear canal at home.

It will be better to take an appointment with E.N.T.specialist and get your ear examined. Ear cleaning will be more safe at

Mean while continue with wax dissolving drops to make wax soft.

Hope, I have answered your query.

If you require further clarification, feel free to ask.

With best wishes,