Woke up with room spinning, BP over 200. Should I go for medical check up?

Nov 2013

just woke up with room spinning, bp over 200, now down to 168 15 minutes later. Should I go to ER?
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
The signs for suspected brain stroke of posterior circulation (small brain-cerebellum and brain stem) include:
Dizziness, double vision, imbalance while walking, difficulty in swallowing, slurred speech, etc.
Dizziness alone usually does not occur in stroke.
So, please observe for the above symptoms, if you have them, you should go to ER, otherwise you can wait.
Please get back for any follow up queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX consultant neurologist