Woke up with right-sided backache. Would the pain radiate around to the right lower abdomen?

i woke up with a right-sided backache which only now hurts when i move, so i'm assuming its spasms -- would the pain radiate around to the right lower abdomen?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO, we can never predict radiation until it does!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this right sided backache that you woke up with.

From the information you have provided, my greatest suspicion is that you slep poorly. From the wordings of your question, it is clear that you are scared and concerned about acute appendicitis.

Acute appendicitis pains starts around the umbilicus, then later on settles in the right lower abdomen.. It is often accompanied by fever, nausea and a loss of appetite. Clearly, this doesn't sound like what you have. Please, be more relaxed.

We can never predict that a pain will radiate to a particular part f the body. We for sure know when it does and speculating is like dictating the illness we want. So no one can for sure say so but because your symptoms probably have little or nothing to do with this part of the abdomen, my suspicion for that is very very low.

Try some pain killers for this pain and also some stretching exercises. This should be sufficient to relieve you of these symptoms. assuming a good posture while sleeping will prevent future occurrences.

I hope this answers your query fully and relieves you of your fears. I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD