Woke up shivering. What could be the cause?

Husband, 52, just woke up with shivering and body temp as per thermometer of 95.8, no other symptoms . . . any idea what could have caused this? He does take blood pressure meds. Thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hypothermia, Call ER Services. Detailed Answer: Dear Mam, I need to know first of all why did you check his temperature? Is he suffering from fever, or you found that he is unwell, if yes than what symptom or sign you found, for which you checked his body. You said he had shivering. See, if i consider this thermometer reading right, than he is suffering from "Hypothermia". And that can be fatal, so requires an urgent admission. If you are in a cold region, he is susceptible for it. Do tell us if he has a thyroid disorder. Recheck his temperature, with another thermometer, call ER services, and till then cover him with blankets, switch on heaters around him. I hope i am able to solve you query , still If you have any other query please ask us, we are here to answer it. I wish him a speedy recovery.