Woke up morning with marks that resemble burn marks. Feel dry and itchy. Cause?

I woke this morning with marks that resemble burn marks and are dry, itchy , and burn what causes this and how can i cure it.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
allergic rash,cetrizine, calamine will help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health care magic.

Dry itchy skin rash with burning and of sudden onset mostly point towards allergic reaction.

Such kind of allergies can occur due to insect bites,drug reaction,contact dermatitis due to application of any lotion,soap etc,can induce such type of allergies.It will be important to rule out this history.Please let me know if you have any drugs for some other disease or any change of soap or body lotion etc.

Application of topical soothing agents like calamine along with a topical steroid like flutivate will reduce itching and burnning.You may also add antihistaminic like cetrizine at night.

Do not apply any soap.Cold sponging will also act as a soothing agent and will give relief from rash.Use loose cotton clothes.

Try these measures for 2 to 3 days and in case there is no response it will be better to see a dermatologist.Please let me know about your improvement.

I hope this will solve your query,in case you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.